Monday, October 22, 2007

getting the small stuff out of the way

It’s the calm before the storm right now… time to get all of those little projects completed.

I’m a great one for starting a project, getting it 95% done then venturing off to do something else. So, this week, I have to address all of those leftover chores around the house and get those under control.The weekend was a productive one with us getting a lot of the regular fall projects under control. Things I would normally do in mid to late November need to be done now. My neighbours were probably wondering why I was playing with my snow blower in +20 degree weather yesterday but I may not have time to do that in late November.I love the fall colors on the trees and love to see the leaves stay as long as they can but I just wish they’d all drop off the tress (at least in my yard) so I can get the mulching and raking and bagging over with now instead of in another few weeks. Once again, I don’t know how much time I’ll have.

The annual winter / summer clothes rotation is also done, at least for my stuff. I was in a particularly minimalist mood last night and we got rid of a garbage bag of clothes of mine. How many drawers of t-shirts does one guy need anyway? Off to the Salvation Army they go before I change my mind.

Our flight has been booked but our itinerary for in China has not been completed yet. I suspect that this will come sometime late this week. I’ve told them at work that I’ll be taking the month of December off as holidays and will use my portion of parental leave later in 2008. Summer I’m suspecting. Jen and I are still jockeying for position when it comes to who’s taking what time.


Comments:
Hey Scott you could'nt bring a little motivation to our neck of the woods for Clarence!!*LOL* What a great feeling to have it all done. How about your Christmas lights?

Sheila
 
Actually thats great....makes the timefly by and your getting everything done early.......wooohooooooooo!!!!Things are really getting exciting!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]