Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Welcome to Walmart

As part of the trip leaves time for sightseeing, I am hoping to experience Walmart, China style. I found these pics while touring the world on Google earth tonight and thought I'd share them with you.
The first thing I notice is how different and how BIG they look from the outside. I'm also fascinated by the contrast of colors in China. It seems that most things are either very drab and bland in colors or exploding with colors. Colors don't stand out here in Canada, but everything seems so extreme in China. Look at all the colors in the 1st picture, with the courtyard and all the colors surrounding it. Maybe it's just me.


Anyway, it looks like quite an adventure. I cant wait!


Comments:
We got lost at Walmart in China. I know it sounds funny, but we couldn't find the exit! And no one could help us because they didn't have a clue what we were saying!!! Eventually we did find our way out and our whole bus full of travelmates was waiting for us. How embarrassing...
 
They are huge on the inside too and have lots of the same and quite a bit different stuff in them.

Beverly
 
Trust me guys it is adventure!!I have'nt been able to enter a Walmart since!*LOL*
The Blanchard's
 
Can't wait to hear about your adventure. We didn't get to go to one, we just drove by one our way to a very high end store in Nanchang... very dissappointed..
I was really looking forward to some Walmart Shopping.

Karen
 
Can't wait to hear all about it,sounds like it could be quite an adventure...lol!!!
 
We found Walmart very interesting, especially the live produce! You are right about the colours too, I definitely noticed that while we were there.
 
They got escalators that are flat ramps that you can push the carts onto and go up to the next level. And the carts have locks so they don't roll back...the baby buggy didn't though. :)
 
If I can be so bold and suggest skipping walmart (really they are all the same) There are tons of more interesting places to go shopping such as the silk market (put your negotiating hat on) or other open air markets. Take all you can in when you are in Beijing or Chongqing and you really never know how long or if you will ever get there again!
 
COOL! I wish there was a Walmart when I was there!

Good luck and dont get lost:)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]