Thursday, December 13, 2007

Internet and communicating

We've had a few people ask about the Internet access in China.

It's almost as good as at home. In Beijing, I had a couple instances where I could not view my blog, but posting comments to it thru Blogger.com was not an issue. The hotel in Beijing has a wireless Internet signal so I was able to surf for free.

Here in Chongqing, I cannot view videos on my blog or any other blog and I cannot send email from my scottfillmore.ca account (not sure about Beijing on this one) I'm receiving mail thru scottfillmore.ca, but having to send it using my Yahoo email address. I'm assuming everyone can see my videos as I have not heard that people cannot.

The comments on our posts are great. It tells us that people are indeed reading and appreciating the blog which makes it worth my time. Thanks.

As for communicating with home, I've done all my calls using Skype. It's worked great. I've even called the guides Chinese cellphone here from Chongqing and it;s worked fine. The rest of the group has called home using a calling card that the guide sourced locally and had no issues. Much more expensive than Skype.

Thats it... off to supper.

If anyone needs to know anything, as away. Getting ready for the trip, I had alot of questions that I just could not find answers for which frustrated me a bit.

Comments:
Hello world traveller friends... It's still cold here and we still have all the snow, so enjoy the semi warm weather. I think we are to get more snow this weekend, up to 30 cm I heard. Jackie and I are going to miss it I hope or else we will stuck on the ferry in a snow storm.

You have to make sure you post lots of pictures when you get back home or use a flicker.com account and add me as a friend. We are going to miss all of the excitment over Christmas so we need our blog fix even after you are home.

Give Kate a big hug and kiss from us and keep safe.

Oh yeah, we still need to se a picture of you eating something new and weird. It doesn't have to be street food but it can't be MacDonalds.
 
Hope that you all start to feel better soon!! Not too much longer and you will be back in the comfort of you own home. Have your camera ready as I would love to see Kate's expression when she sees the snow!!

Take care and get better!1

Jen, Kyle, Katie, and Jake
 
Hi guys hope you 3 are all feeling better soon,Beijing has been getting snow and a few folks that are there now are saying it is very cold.
We do not have a lot of questions for you from CQ as we do not know what provience we will be travelling to,HOWEVER look out when you get back to Beijing and home......lol
Take care and looking forward to your next post.

The Mahoney's
 
OH wow Scott,
your bringing so many memories back from our trip. The tea house, Old town (which we loved) and of course the beer!
We lived on the beer! As you know, Safer than the water! Heck we even found pineapple flavored beer, and it wasn't bad!
Krista
 
Sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling well!! Welcome to parenthood; has anyone mentioned that children share germs quite freely??!! *grin* Hang in there.
 
Great to hear Scot as I will have lots of questions. We are also brining our computer and will communicate via blog, Skype and email. I will have loads of questions. I read you blog everyday to see how everything is going and Kathy and Kevin email me every day too. They are the high points of my day. We are awaiting referral and anticipate it in January. Redaing and watching you guys is like the "trailer" to the movie so's to speak!! We wish you well and look forward to seeing you sometime in the new year!

Barbaa, Mike and Jenna Sweeney
 
Hey Scott, we do see the videos, they are great :) Thanks for your updates and I hope you all feel better real soon.

Take care,

Bern
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]